First group meeting went great. (Here is the group forming)
Thank you all for coming and participating
which seems to be enjoying himself here, just blogged about it and I couldn’t have said it any better than myself.
I will only talk about the second part of the meeting.
During this part, we tried to get a feeling on where the group would like to take this forum/meeting/activity.
W attempted to gather some ideas on the following:
- What content would we like to discuss
- How we would like o conduct these sessions
- who would we like to hear talking.
and after some discussion and debate:
Here are our main “finding”
Topics of Interest
The four winning topics are:
- Continuous Deployment
- Agile for Executive (how to convince and how to include them in the process)
- Agile in Enterprises
- How to start the development of a new product using an agile method
the runner-up topics were:
- choosing content for a sprint
- Agile in none SW development projects (support, Maintenance, IT,…)
- Scrum in details + real life experience
- dealing with the Integration phase in an Agile process.
How to conduct these meetings
About the how, the consensus was that a session which is divided into two parts in which one is a lecture and one is an activity based was great.
another idea was as follows:
- 1/3 Presentation
- 1/3 collecting ideas for discussion and choosing which ones to discuss
- 1/3 Discussions in small groups on the above
Who would we like to hear
and last on the who front we got 2 local names Roy Osherove and Oren Ellenbogen (consider yourself invited), and two international speakers: Martin Fowler, Alistair Cockburn (I wonder if we can get on of them to visit)
and just before I forget, I would like to thanks everyone who helped make this group come into life.
Especially Elad and Ilan who partnered up with me, and really did most of the work to create this group. To Ohad Israeli and Nice for hosting the event giving us their excellent facilities to conduct this meeting. and Last to Typemock who sponsored the event and made sure we wont stay hungry