Next month I’ll be teaching a 1 day Introduction to TDD .NET workshop. And I was asked to explain what is the value of attending such a workshop. Clearly one can’t learn how to TDD in a single day, and indeed this is not the goal of the workshop.
So what is the value in a single day Introduction to TDD workshop?
I will let the reader judge for themselves. However here are the things I expect to cover during the day.
- Go over the basic rules of the TDD practice
- Explain and demonstrate what a testing framework is used for.
- Introduce base Isolation principles.
- Explain concrete ways for mastering the TDD skill.
- Go over the humps of pain – i.e. the main obstacles for doing TDD
- Let participant practice their firsts steps in a safe environment.
I expect people to come out from the workshop with the following:
- Knowing the costs involved in TDD.
- Understanding the benefits.
- Know what needs to be done in order to actually learn it
- Be aware of the main obstacles and pitfalls in the road for mastering TDD
So is all this worth a single day of your time?
if you think it is you can Register Here